Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Scrap Challenge Day 2: Pros and Cons of Motherhood

 Now that you have a picture from yesterday (click here to go to Mother's Day 1 Challenge), today's challenge will be to journal about your feelings as a Mother.

Wait, don't close this window yet!!

I know you're thinking, "Ugh. I hate journaling,"  but this is easy, and I even have a handy-dandy template to kick your journaling muse in her whiny, little *ss. I may be a writer by profession, but journaling in my family's scrapbook often finds me with my pen in hand and my mind an absolute blank.

That's why I cheat--I use lists in my scrapbooks.

For this page, we're borrowing from the king of list-makers himself: Ben Franklin. Franklin would take a piece of paper, fold it in the center and list the pros on one side, cons on the other and after careful, intelligent introspection, would decide on the problem based on which list was larger.

You don't need any intelligent introspection for this one.

But you will need:
  • A piece of paper roughly 5.5" square. You can use cardstock, lined paper, a page ripped from your day planner (that's what I used)--whatever you want.
  • Black journaling pen (or color of your choice--use a pen if you want), and a highlighter.
Directions:
  1. Fold your paper in half, then use a black journaling pen to trace over that line (or just use a ruler to draw a straight line--rulers and I don't get along, so folding works for me).
  2. Write a title at the top, or borrow mine: "Pros and Cons of Motherhood", and write the Pros on one side, Cons on the other. Be creative, be serious, be silly. Hell, be intelligently introspective if you can manage it (and then post what you wrote so I can borrow it for mine!!). Doesn't matter what you write, just spend five minutes writing from the heart.
  3. Make sure your 'Pros' list is longer than your 'Cons' list. :) You might have to think a little longer, but I know you'll manage. (See below for inspiration).
  4. Take a highlighter (any color) and circle the 'Pros' side of your list.
There! Challenge completed!! Tomorrow, we're going to take our 'journaling' list, our photo from Day 1, any Mother's Day cards or ephemera we have and begin our first scrapbook layout.

Here's to scrapping our Happily Ever After,
Dylan

Need inspiration for your Pros and Cons list? There's a cute article on Prevention.com .

Did you miss Day 1 of the Challenge? Don't sweat it--you're not behind. Just click here for that Challenge. We'll wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment