Sunday, April 1, 2012

My Blog Oath (Or Why I Hate Eeyore)

I never watch the news. Ever. My husband jokes that the only way I know there’s a national tragedy is when I see flags at half-mast. My mom calls me her Pollyanna child. You know, after the optimistic little toe-head in the Disney film who starts out most of her sentences with, “You can be glad that….”

I admit it: I need my life filtered.
If there’s one thing I can’t stand, it’s a downer. We all have people and things that leech the Happily from our Ever After. My blog oath is never to be like Eeyore.

A.A. Milne’s character, and the foil to Pooh’s carefree demeanor, is Eeyore.  Damn donkey makes my lip curl. He’s the fun vacuum of the Hundred Acre Wood, always moping about something, expecting only the worst from life. And he gets what he expects. The rain cloud hangs permanently over his head. I wish Christopher Robin would grab his friend a few Prozac’s from his mother’s medicine cabinet. Oh, please. It’s not like Mrs. Robin’s going to know! The poor kid wanders unsupervised and friendless in the woods all day. I’m surprised Child Services hasn’t been called in.
But I digress.

Here is my Blog Oath to You, my Happily Ever After (HEA) friend:
  • I will strive to provide you with useful, fun content that puts the Happily in My (and Your) Ever After.
  • My posts will always be open to your comments. Because if you can’t comment on a blog, what’s the point??
  • I’ll keep things fairly PG-13. If it can’t be said on late-night TV, it won’t be on my blog.
  • I promise my rose-colored glasses are permanently affixed to my nose. And I will strive to keep my glass at least half-full.
You’ve got enough fun vacuums in your life. My blog oath to you is to help filter the grim grittiness from reality.

Thanks for joining me in my journey to Happily my Ever After!

Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment