Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Last Chance to be in the Drawing for a Character Named After You!

There are only a few days left in my February Prize-A-Palooza, as I will be drawing my last prize winners on  National Tooth Fairy Day (a.k.a. February 28). 

What I am awarding on February 28? 

  • One autographed copy of my paranormal romance, "Despite the Ghosts"
  • 20 autographed bookplates (a bookplate is a label  you can stick to the inside of your copy of my book, so that even if I don't have a signing in your area, you can have a signed copy!)
AND...I will be drawing ONE name from ALL of the people that have participated in my challenges this month to award the grand prize:

A CHARACTER NAMED AFTER YOU IN MY NEXT NOVEL!


This last, EASY challenge is about my new Author page on Amazon. Here's what you do:

  1. Go to my Amazon Author page at www.Amazon.com/author/dylannewton 
  2. Check out my page, including the reader pictures I posted under my profile picture, my blog links, reviews, and upcoming events, etc. If you like it...
  3. Share my Author page to Facebook by clicking the Facebook "f" icon in the upper right.
  4. Tag me "Dylan Newton" or "Dylan Newton Author" once you've shared my Author page to Facebook...and that's it! Your name will be entered into the drawing for the above prizes! :)

But if you REALLY want to help me out (and have your name entered THREE TIMES):

  • Click "LIKE" on my Amazon Author page (in the upper right hand corner)*
  • Click on my book, "Despite the Ghosts" and click "LIKE"*
  • *You may have to sign in to your Amazon.com account to do this. 



What is the deal with me and asking for LIKEs? Do I have some sort of self-esteem problem?
Well, yes, but that's a topic for another post.

The real reason behind the LIKEs is that's how Amazon 'ranks' authors and books they present to readers. In addition to sales, a increased amount of LIKEs gets my name and my book a better chance of appearing when a reader browses Amazon for...let's say paranormal romances. Or books with psychics, etc. The more  of a cult...erm, following, you have on Amazon, the higher your rank, which increases your likelihood to appear as a option for buyers...which will hopefully translate to more sales.

That's the theory, anyway. As most of you know, I'm late to the whole 'promote yourself' gig on social media, so time will tell.

But...I do appreciate any and all help you can give me! And who doesn't want some freebies just for helping a writer...and maybe get a character named after you for your trouble?!?

Good luck on the last Prize-A-Palooza Challenge!!
Happily My Ever After,
Dylan

My Amazon author page again is: www.amazon.com/author/dylannewton
My Facebook author page is www.facebook.com/DylanNewtonAuthor

No comments:

Post a Comment