Monday, February 26, 2018

Interview with indie YA author, Brittany Nicole Lewis


I love featuring up-and-coming authors on my blog, and when indie YA author, Brittany Nicole Lewis asked if I'd host her in time for her awesome Kindle book bundle, I happily agreed! Check out her author story and books below!

Hi Brittany! Welcome to Happily My Ever After! As you know, I like to share with my readers how various authors got their 'start' in the writing business, as we all have different paths to publication. Would you share your journey with us?

My three young adult novels are independently published, but my children’s series of twelve books will be traditionally published. I actually didn’t write a query letter for that series. I spent about a year building relationships with the owners of publishing companies and one day while I was talking to one of them, I mentioned the children’s series I was working on. I was planning on publishing them myself because I make more money than most of my author friends that are traditionally published, but this publisher really wanted to publish these books, so I agreed.

That's so cool! Okay, what do you think is THE most important thing writers can do for themselves to get an agent/publisher, or simply to advance their writing in today's market? 

My experience is not/was not the norm. I also do not have an agent, but I am planning on pitching my next novel to agents. I would say be professional and clean. Don’t post personal opinions or vulgar things on social media, be respectful and professional in all of your correspondence, etc. People will check you out online before they decide to work with you (usually) so if you are swearing and/or posting about a lot of personal issues or drama on Facebook, etc, that’s a turn off.

So true--it truly is a small world and you never know who might know who in this business. If you could have done anything differently with your writing career so far, what would it be?

I would have learned more about the business side of things before diving in.

LOL, me too...although that might've scared me away! Okay, now for your books! You have an upcoming release. Can you tell us about it! 

I do. I recently released the third book in my Zion Series, Reunited, and now that that book is out, I put all three novels together in a Kindle Bundle, so people can now get all three full-length novels for just five dollars. My publisher is also still working on my children’s books and they are all in various stages of publication. I do not have release dates for those books yet, but if anyone would like to be added to my mailing list to receive updates, they can email me at authorbrittanynicolelewis@yahoo.com these books will promote autism awareness and acceptance. The main character in all of these books is autistic.

I adore books with protagonists that face huge obstacles--I can't wait to read these! Okay, last question: What's one fact about you that most people don't know.

I like to put hot sauce on my spaghetti.

You're way more adventurous with your pasta than I am, for sure, lol! Thanks for chatting with me on my blog today--I know people will want to check you out online. Can you give us your website links and contact information? 

Absolutely!
My email is authorbrittanynicolelewis@yahoo.com and I would love to hear from you.

And here is a blurb of Brittany's three books in her Kindle Bundle, along with covers and buy links. Don't they sound fantastic??

THE ZION SERIES
 KINDLE BUNDLE


Finding Freedom (Book One)
Katie was born into a cult. Her family lived there for generations. As she got older, she realized the Elders were keeping secrets from the community. Risking everything, she leaves the cult and searches for the truth. With the help of outsiders, Katie and her young husband David are put in touch with an organization called Purple Haven, which provides medical care, shelter, counseling and job training to individuals who have escaped from cults. She soon discovers she’s pregnant. With the help of her husband, her therapist, and two friends, Katie learns what it means to have a relationship with God.


Heir of Zion (Book Two)
Michael felt like his life ended the day his family left. In a way, it did. While he struggled to remain composed when he was in the company of others, he allowed his thoughts and anxieties to consume him when he was alone. Though the life that he had always known had ended, a new one quickly emerged, one that had been suppressed by the Elders for far too long. While Michael struggled to wrap his brain around the information he was learning about his true identity and the community he had grown up in, his heart continuously pulled him toward a young girl and his new found romance, while it simultaneously ached for the family he lost.




Reunited (Book Three)
Just as Katie's life is settling into a new normal after leaving Zion and the birth of her son, she is given news that will forever alter her reality. Meanwhile, the moment that Michael has so desperately wished for, but never thought would come has finally arrived. He must make the hardest decision of his life, and if he doesn't choose correctly, he could lose everything, forever.




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for introducing your readers to Brittany and her YA books. I really enjoy the YA genre and am always looking for something new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, R the Great--I'm always looking for new authors to read! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete